The Department of Journalism of the University of the Philippines College of Mass Communication invites journalism and communication students to submit entries to the 2019 Asian Journalism Research Conference (AJRC 2019), scheduled on April 12, 2019 (Friday) at the University of the Philippines, Diliman campus.
The AJRC 2019 theme is: “JOURNALISM IN CRISIS, CRISIS IN JOURNALISM”
The conference will begin with a plenary session on this year’s theme. Invited speakers are:
- Prof. Edson Tandoc of the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Jeff Canoy of ABS-CBN, 2018 McLuhan Awardee and 2018 Palanca Awardee for Essay
- Tress Reyes of CNN Philippines
- Robert Jaworski Abano of Philippine Daily Inquirer
This will be followed by an undergraduate student research competition in three categories:
- Academic Researches in Journalism (Journalism issues/theory)
- Investigative Reporting (original student work, in-depth print stories)
- Journalism Projects (original student long form journalism in print, broadcast or new media)
The AJRC seeks to promote academic research in Journalism as well as print, broadcast and online in-depth projects. Moreover, AJRC provides a venue for students to share their work with fellow students in the region. The activity is in line with the Department’s thrust of fostering excellence in journalism practice and research as a CHED Center for Excellence.
It is organized by the UP CMC Journalism Department in collaboration with the Universiti Sains Malaysia and the University of Santo Tomas Journalism Program. Academic partners include the Polytechnic University of the Philippines and the Trinity University of Asia. The conference is sponsored by the University of the Philippines Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Development (UP OVCRD), VERA Files, the Philippine Press Institute, Roland Simbulan and family, Jollibee Corporation and the Embassy of Canada in Manila.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.