Memorandum No. 2018-94
Following the timetable attached to Memorandum No. PDLC 18-44 on the nomination of the next Faculty Regent, the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs distributed to the CUs on Friday, 12 October 2018, copies of the list of qualified nominees submitted by UP Diliman Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Evangeline Amor.
The CUs subsequently informed the OVPAA of their respective period of nomination as shown in the Table below and proceeded with the nomination process.
A total of 1,479 eligible faculty members across the UP System participated in the process. Their distribution by CU is as follows:
As to the nominees, 241 eligible members of the UP Diliman faculty were nominated to the position of Faculty Regent. The top five ranking nominees (i.e., the nominees with the most number of votes) from among whom the next Faculty Regent will be selected are the following:
- Guillermo, Ramon—College of Arts and Letters
- Paz, Victor—Archeological Studies Program
- Ocampo, Dina Joana—College of Education
- Balmaceda, Jose—College of Science
- Salvador, Arnel—College of Science
On Friday, 26 October 2018—the deadline for the nominees’ acceptance of their nomination—the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs received the CV and Plans of Action of Professors Ramon Guillermo, Victor Paz and Arnel Salvador. On the same day, the Office received the letters of Professors Dina Ocampo and Jose Balmaceda declining the nomination.
Now that we are commencing the election round, please go over the following sections of President Concepcion’s Memorandum (No. PDLC 18-44) which we disseminated to the faculty through the Chancellors and Vice Chancellors for Academic Affairs on 8 October 2018:
- Section 5.3: Election Round including the provisions for a Manual Voting Procedure (126.96.36.199) and for the Electronic Voting System and Procedure (188.8.131.52);
- Section 5.4: Canvassing/Reporting of Voting Results including the provisions for Canvassing/Reporting of Results from Manual Voting (5.4.1), from Electronic Voting (5.4.2) and for Consolidating Manual and Electronic Voting Results (5.4.3);
- Section 5.5: Mechanisms for Appeals; and
- Section 5.6: Announcement of Results
As members of the UP faculty community, please review the CVs and Plans of Action of Professors Ramon Guillermo, Victor Paz and Arnel Salvador and register your choice during your CU-scheduled election to be held within the 12-15 November period. Together with Memorandum No. PDLC-14 and this OVPAA report on the nomination process, the CVs and Plans of Action of the three nominees will be posted on the UP Website on Monday, 29 October 2018 as specified in the Timetable for the selection of the Faculty Regent.
CVs and Plans of Action
We look forward to your involvement as the University’s academic citizens in the selection of our next Faculty Regent (2019-2020).
Click here to view the Memorandum No. OVPAA 2018-94 Report on the Selection of Nominees for Faculty Regent